top of page

"Taste of Edmonton" fire hospitalizes food vendor

A fire at a Taste of Edmonton vendor's food trailer on Thursday was caused by mechanical failure, officials are reporting.

A fire broke out at Snickerdoodle’s, a dessert vendor at the festival, around 4:44 p.m.

Edmonton Fire Rescue Services arrived on scene and extinguished the flames by 5:14 p.m.

One security guard noted a worker was deep-frying food when the fire started. They added that the affected individual had burns on his leg and head.

EFRS confirmed that one man in his 20s was taken with burns to hospital in serious but stable condition.

"The cause of this accidental fire is a mechanical part failure in a standard cooking appliance," EFRS said in a statement the next day.

The damage? Estimates are around $75,000,— $65,000 to the trailer and $10,000 to its contents.

No other vendor trailer was affected.

Buffalo Tribune Ad 2021 1.jpg
Nord 250x250.png
Nord 120x600.png
bottom of page